Sunday, May 1, 2011

my heart wanders

On Friday night we went to the launch of Pia Jane Bijkerk's book, 'my heart wanders'. If you haven't discovered her yet, there is so much to love about her blog. We love her to the power of a million. To give you a quick run-down she is an Australian interior stylist (amongst other things) who has returned to Sydney after following her heart to Paris and then to Amsterdam where she lived on a houseboat. Her blog and her book trace this journey via whimsical photos, interior styling arrangements and heartfelt words.

Tis true that we felt a connection with her before we went to the opening, hence why we made the effort to go when we are complete nobodies. I really didn't know what to expect as a lot of the "stylist" type people in Sydney are faux and I was hoping that I wouldn't be disapointed by her in the flesh. I wasn't. She was L.O.V.E.L.Y. The other thing that really stuck with me is that she seemed so normal, she was completely approachable. It was obvious she was nervous and I loved it because I felt the same way about meeting her. It gave me hope that if she can do it, so can I. So can anyone. Now I just have to figure out what "it" is. This is meant as the ultimate compliment because Pia is extremely talented and inspiring.

By the way, the book is just so beautiful. It is a treasure in itself. I have only savoured a few pages and I am holding back on devouring it because I don't want it to end.



I was taking Manu the dog for a walk today and saw this tree with blossoms on it. It reminded me of Pia...


No comments:

Post a Comment