Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh yeah, we got hitched...

I thought it was about time I shared our wedding. It was such a lovely whirlwind. All of our special people in the one place at the same time.

I love going to weddings. There is just so much love. And when it’s all aimed at you, your heart almost explodes.

I have so many beautiful memories written down but I thought I’d share my two favorites (today) here.

The first was on the way to the ceremony. Dad drove the girls and I to the reserve in his landcruiser (have I mentioned what a classy lady I am? Well I am a very classy lady, settling for nothing less than the best wedding transport) Man was there some love in that car. In the lead up to our day, the south coast had the most rain it had ever had in the past 25 years and an hour or so before we were due to be married it stopped and the sun came out. It shone through the clouds to create the most magical light you can imagine. Owen had told me the day before that I had no need to worry about the weather because he had asked someone very special to look after it for us.  I shared this with Dad and the girls and there were last minute happy tears everywhere.

The second was at the end of the night.  After the reception at Owens parent’s house, everyone stayed in the same little house down at the beach with a few extras on the couch and a lot of partying into the night.

Owen and I stayed in the same house, upstairs. As soon as we closed the door behind us, I sat on the floor and he gently took all the pins out of my hair. It was our first moment of quiet, calm, happy silence as husband and wife and I just remember feeling so content there with him even though there were crazy parties going on down stairs.

So that’s that. Here are a few of our official wedding photos...

my little fam
my 'little' sister

soon after the lorikeet pooped on us
aren't they beautiful?
the ceremony at Bawley reserve... look at that light!
Rosie and her beautiful boys
did I say I cried a lot? I did.

a million paper hearts - thanks mumma
helo
my new little fam
back at the reception - Owen's nana, Shirley, Gesina and aunty Ju Ju
past Peterson and McTavish generations
 

No comments:

Post a Comment