Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm on the pursuit of happiness

One thing I have been musing about lately is being H-A-P-P-Y. I found July and August this year to be really hard months. For a start it was a cold, rainy winter. But mainly I just felt really out of sorts. I would stand in front of my wardrobe and complain to boyfriend that I had nothing to wear (cue an avalanche of clothes piling on top of me). Boyfriend would cook me dinner every night and I would get home with stress face and give Manu the Dog the lamb chops he made. I stalked around the office like I had a vendetta against everyone in there. And I swear to you that I am a nice, normal person usually, both of my parents will tell you that.
It also didn’t help that I was still recovering from an ankle injury which meant that I hadn’t exercised properly since March. If that isn’t proof that exercise produces feel-good endorphins, I don’t what is.

But of course, it all becomes clear in retrospect.

I was letting everything weigh me down. I wasn’t focusing on the positive. I was dwelling on all of the negative, insignificant parts of my life and then the good wasn’t shining through.

Leafie + Lize recently had a sleepover at the home of the lovely Grandma Shirley before our Manly markets day in August. She is cool. She sat with us on the floor in her lounge room and gave us some vintage clothes to sell at our stall. She also inferred in a very polite way that I may have an addiction to stationary. You see, she’s wise too. This is what was on her fridge. LIVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment