Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Say hello to your friends...

I had a bit of a mental day off work today and accidently went op shopping. I had the guilts at first but I’m glad I did. A good op shop find always makes you feel like yourself again – especially the op shop around the corner from my house.

It’s a bit of a secret. It’s not a chain like vinnies or the salvos, it’s one of a kind and the ladies that volunteer there are lovely. They love a good bargain themselves and always go out of their way to show you the goodies that have just come in.

There’s one lady in particular I love. We’ve never swapped names and even though I only visit once in a while, she knows my story and asks about Owbags and how our wedding planning is coming along.

Today I found 30 Babysitters Club books. I took a big trip down memory lane when I saw them. Every word to the theme song found it's way out of the depths of my memory. "Say hello to your friends, Babysitters Club, say hello to the people who care, nothin's better than friends....."

I used to want so bad to have a babysitters club of my own, didn't you? What are your most treasured Babysitter's Club memories?


No comments:

Post a Comment